Star Wars Outono 2011

Discussão sobre lançamentos BR, Assuntos relacionados com equipamento devem contudo ser abordados no fórum Hardware.

Moderator: Grimreaper

paupau
DVD Maníaco
DVD Maníaco

Star Wars Outono 2011

Post by paupau »

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4996

George Lucas Announces Star Wars Blu-ray for 2011 Share766
Posted August 14, 2010 02:54 PM by Juan Calonge

Confirming earlier reports (see blu-ray.com, April 17), George Lucas himself announced today that the Star Wars films will be released on Blu-ray in 2011, in a six-movie box set. Speaking at the Celebration V convention in Orlando, Lucas said: "I wish I could say it was coming out this year, but it will come out next year." New, extensive special features will be featured, including documentaries, vintage behind-the-scenes moments, interviews, retrospectives and never-before-seen footage from the Lucasfilm archives.

One of those special features, a deleted scene from Return of the Jedi, premiered at the convention. In it, Luke Skywalker is seen asembling his new lightsaber before going to the palace of Jabba the Hutt.

"Blu-ray is the absolute best way to experience Star Wars at home – in pristine high definition," said George Lucas. "The films have never looked or sounded better."

In an interview with the New York Times, Lucas said that the saga hadn't been announced before because he was waiting for mass adoption of the Blu-ray format. "We've been wanting to do it as soon as we possibly could, but we just wanted to do it when enough people would be able to buy it and see it," said the filmmaker.

Lucas also clarified that the original trilogy movies will be included as they were shown theatrically in 1997 and released on DVD in 2004 - i.e., the original versions will not be included. "You have to go through and do a whole restoration on it, and you have to do that digitally," he said. "It's a very, very expensive process to do it. So when we did the transfer to digital, we only transferred really the upgraded version."

Justificar a ausência das versões originais com falta de money grr-) grr-) grr-)
CC - 174 MoC - 73 BFI - 21
Tojal City
DVD Maníaco
DVD Maníaco

Re: Star Wars Outono 2011

Post by Tojal City »

Não me importo com algumas remasterizações digitais, como melhorias na cor, alguns novos efeitos visuais, etc .. no entanto há alterações na história que não me agradam nada. Não me agrada a famosa cena do "Hans shot first" ter sido retirada, não me agrada terem posto o novo Anakin, e continuo a preferir a música original da celebração final em Endor.
MIKI_GOL
Fanático
Fanático

Post by MIKI_GOL »

Típica jogada comercial do Lucas. Lança este, enche o bolso de money (pela milésima vez) e depois passado 1 ou 2 anos lança a trilogia original.

Bem fino o gajo...
Luiz Silva
Are you talking to me???
Cabeças
DVD Maníaco
DVD Maníaco

Post by Cabeças »

Sinceramente, não sei como as pessoas ainda papam as estratégias do Lucas e porque gostam de comprar as mesmas coisas 40 vezes... :-(
Cabeças
LeMarquisDeSade
Iniciado
Iniciado

Post by LeMarquisDeSade »

Isto é que é espremer a vaca sagrada...

O mais triste é que ele vai continuar a ganhar dinheiro com públicos novos e com os coleccionadores.
TheMortician
Novato

Post by TheMortician »

e depois mais para a frente com as versões em 3D
é como o Senhor dos Aneis... primeiro a versão do cinema... depois os director´s cut